Benaiah\’s Computer Experiences

July 7, 2007

Amarok Problems

Filed under: amarok, Audio, xine — Benaiah @ 4:56 am

For the last few days I’ve been having problems with Amarok not wanting to find my audio drivers. It would just tell me “xine was unable to initialize any audio drivers.” It was driving me crazy because I really like Amarok (when its working) and I use it a lot so having it not working was a real problem. I don’t know that I ever really figured out why it broke or really how to fix it but this is what I did. I simply re-installed the xine extra plugins. Here’s how:

Applications >> Add/Remove…

Un-check Xine extra plugins and click “Apply”

Check Xine extra plugins and click “Apply”

Thats all I did…I hope this is more than a temporary fix!

Update: See Amarok Problems (Part 2)


Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: