Benaiah\’s Computer Experiences

July 19, 2007

Amarok Problems (Part 2)

Filed under: amarok, Audio, ubuntu, xine — Benaiah @ 9:04 pm

A few weeks ago I wrote about a problem that I was having with Amarok. The player was not able to load the xine audio drivers. Since then I have figured out why this was. I often run Windows in a Virtual Machine (VM) using VMware and so VMware was using the drivers. The fix? Either shut down the VM or disable the audio.

Here is how to disable the sound adapter without shutting down the VM:

From the menu at the top of the screen select VM >> Removable Devices >> Sound Adapter >> Disconnect

You may have to restart Amarok to get it to load the drivers.

See Amarok Problems

Advertisements

July 7, 2007

Amarok Problems

Filed under: amarok, Audio, xine — Benaiah @ 4:56 am

For the last few days I’ve been having problems with Amarok not wanting to find my audio drivers. It would just tell me “xine was unable to initialize any audio drivers.” It was driving me crazy because I really like Amarok (when its working) and I use it a lot so having it not working was a real problem. I don’t know that I ever really figured out why it broke or really how to fix it but this is what I did. I simply re-installed the xine extra plugins. Here’s how:

Applications >> Add/Remove…

Un-check Xine extra plugins and click “Apply”

Check Xine extra plugins and click “Apply”

Thats all I did…I hope this is more than a temporary fix!

Update: See Amarok Problems (Part 2)

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.